Monday, April 27, 2009

Zardari beats Descartes, any day

This is really a continuation of the earlier post because it too deals with politically (in)correct statements by leaders. But then thought this one deserves a special separate post.
Pakistan's President, Asif Ali Zardari, has gone to press saying that Osama bin Laden might be dead. And what makes him say this? Because there is no proof that he is alive.
Can you beat that? What did Zardari expect? That Laden should give a public darshan every morning outside his cave to his followers? Something like Amitabh Bacchan does every morning outside his bungalow?

This should go down in history as one of the most meaningless statements ever made by any. Descartes had said "I think, therefore i am". That is passe, really. Move over Descartes, Zardari is here. He has said "I don't think, therefore he isn't!"
If Zardari writes an autobiography, he could include this little poem in it. I hope he will pay me royalty for the same.

Laden, ol' man, time and again I have said,
Come out of your cave,
and give us a wave,
Else I will believe you are dead!

1 comment:

Kadambari said...

These people say anything! This looks more like some funny SMS being forwarded around. And imagine.. such people actually run a country!

Lol! I like your limerick. :)